Police apprehend man who killed 2, injured three at Phuket market

After a shooting on Friday on the Phuket City Municipality Fresh Market 1 that left 3 injured and a pair of lifeless, police introduced today that they have apprehended the suspect they hold liable for the shootout. Savings have been monitoring his escape after he fled the scene of the crime and managed to pick him up this morning. He allegedly confessed to the crime and blamed financial hardships for his business and private despair.
The shooter was identified as 47 yr previous Maneenop Meethong from Songkhla who operated one of many seafood stalls right within the area where the taking pictures took place. He had known as the police, saying he was surrendering, however as an alternative went on the run.
He fled the scene in a black Toyota Fortuner, which police tracked to Koh Kaew. The automotive was deserted at Laem Hin Pier and CCTV footage captured him boarding a longtail boat in the course of Coconut Island. However, investigators discovered that he’d actually taken the boat to Krabi province the place he landed at Ao Nang Beach.
Maneenop had a automobile ready for him that took off in the direction of his residence province of Songkhla and he fled to his hometown in Hat Yai. CCTV cameras managed to seize images of him and help cops from Phuket City, the Police Region eight, the Provincial Police Region 9, and Songkhla Provincial Investigation Unit coordinate to determine and apprehend their suspect.
He was taken into custody and held at the Hat Yai Police Station till around 3:30 am when Phuket City Investigation Unit officers picked him up and transported him on the 7-hour journey again to Phuket to be prosecuted.
The incident started when a vendor posing as a buyer had come into their store asking in regards to the worth of shrimp which they argued intensely over until the store owner all of a sudden realized that the person he was bickering with was one other vendor. The shooter later admitted to police that he had usually fought with different shrimp vendors as nicely as along with his ex-wife. He left the market in a rage, coming back from his house a short time later, assumedly to choose up his gun as he got here back to the market and fired a number of shots before fleeing in his automotive.
Police report that he has not expressed remorse for these he killed and injured, and that a press conference would be forthcoming. For now, he stays in custody facing charges at the Phuket Provincial Court..

Leave a Comment